Director of RE
RE Programs are September through June.
Soup Sundays Calendar
November 24th 2013-Pre-K Class
February 23, 2014-2nd/3rd Grade Class
April 27th, 2014-4th-6th Grade Class
Please Feel Welcome to Volunteer
Options for Participating
- Join short term task groups: put on our Halloween Party, holiday pageants and Easter activities!
- Serve on the Religious Education Committee.
- Be a mentor for the Coming of Age (COA) program, as well as COA program planners.
- Be a childcare provider. Do you know a teen age 16 and older who has been reliable?
- Start a weekly work-session: cutting out construction paper shapes, adding addresses to mailings.
- You can get involved to hold babies, hang out with teens, and play with preschoolers, in work parties, in event planning and supervising, as song leader, storyteller, musician, playground repairer, driver, cook, sleepover assistant, costumer, photographer...
What is my commitment if I volunteer in the classroom?
- Two Sundays per month…one Sunday leading the activities provided by the DRE and RE Committee., and one Sunday assisting a different lead teacher.
- Quarterly volunteer meetings
- Helping in RE Sunday services as needed.
What if I have never taught before?
- We hold trainings on how to work with kids and youth,
- The lessons are easy to use, and many give presentation suggestions.
- Quarterly volunteer meetings help us to stay connected and get ideas.
- Direct support from the DRE and RE Committee on curriculum and classroom management.