Letter from our Board President:
April 8, 2013
For unanticipated family reasons, Rev. Don Rollins is a candidate for a settled ministry in Florida. As a result, his active interim ministry must end in early June, though Don continues as our minster until mid-August. While Don has followed the proper steps in the search process, his final decision just recently came to the Board.
Please know that UUCE will continue to work with the UUA to select a Developmental Minister to serve our congregation. We are confident that the giant strides UUCE has made this year will continue, attracting the very best candidates to our church.The BOT remains committed to your vision for UUCE and is proud of the many things we have accomplished this year.
On a personal note, we are all sad at this completely unforeseen turn of events. We wish Rev. Don all the best in his new ministry. You will hear directly from him in the coming days. In addition, the Board will soon mail a letter with a bit more information.
UUrs in the work,
Susan Verner, President, Board of Trustees
Please read the letter from Don to the Congregation
Reverend Don Rollins is an Accredited Interim Minister.
He joined UUCE in August 2012.
Reverend Rollins was chosen for UUCE because he is a very good match -- his skills, talents and expertise -- and he was our first choice of Interim Minister for many reasons:
- He is organized, focused, and has a strong history of congregational management.
- He has the capability and experience for attracting a broad diversity of new members, in line with our Welcoming Congregation policy.
- He was "born to be an interim" and has experience with growing congregations
- He can build on the foundation that we established in the last two years with Rev. Forsey
- He understands the issues that are important to our church
- He supports the focus of our new Mission
- He is passionate that worship meets a variety of needs -- to laugh, grieve, think, hope, engage, and be touched
- He is a great musician and works very well with others interested in music
- He is a great writer
- He has a personable and steady presence
- He has organized in-house leadership schools to train congregational leaders
- He believes in a strong social justice model and will engage the entire congregation in a limited number of social justice projects, working together
- He has a strong history of stewardship experience, increasing giving, and changing the culture to a "fair-share giving" standard of generosity
A Pastoral Emergency can mean:
You or someone in your immediate family has been rushed to a hospital,
or has been a victim of violence. Or you are overwhelmed with despair for any reason.
If such a situation arises, we want to be there for you without delay.
Rev. Don Rollins at 541-686-2775
Rev. Bjorn Olson at 541-687-4784